About the Role:
As the Vice President of Sales, you would be leading the Sales team to achieve our ambitious growth plan. You would be responsible for all things related to sales, including ensuring the sustainable growth of the Sales team, and being involved in crafting the sales process.
The ideal candidate is one who has built and led sales teams in the enterprise software sales/Software as a Service (SaaS) space and has a strong track record closing revenue in the technology or software world while supporting/mentoring the direct reports that make up the sales team. This person needs to be an expert at positioning business value, selling enterprise software solutions, managing sales cycles, building relationships with key stake holders in the prospective accounts, remain aware and sell against competitor capabilities and threats.
- Oversee the sales organization including direct sales and Channel partners.
- Define, refine and execute a revenue strategy that ensures predictable, repeatable, and scalable results for both direct sales and channel partners.
- Establish sales targets and provide leadership to meet company near-term and long-term revenue goals.
- Develop and manage a sales organization that includes both enterprise and modular sales strategies.
- Manage, hire, coach, and grow the sales team to develop a strong culture of teamwork and success.
- Develop forecasting projections with consistent, accurate and relevant sales revenue and expense budget models that meet company objectives.
- Own a substantial sales/revenue target and be responsible for steady annual growth.
- Implement and adjust the sales performance metrics and hold the sales team accountable to milestones and objectives.
- Establish strategies for improving sales performance, both in volume and quality.
- Lead sales in utilizing a CRM to manage accounts, opportunities, prospects, and lead governance.
- Prepare and deliver Board presentations regarding sales results, operations, planning and projections.
- Key stakeholder in fundraising activities
- 8+ years of enterprise software sales experience successfully selling solutions at the C-level
- 5+ years of direct sales management experience
- Successful track record in a high-volume transaction sales environment and longer-term strategic sales
- Background using data and analytics in decision making • Passion for data, analytics, and process: ability and desire to dive into data to understand metrics
- Experience managing and building a team of successful SaaS and/or Cloud sales professionals
- Total comfort demonstrating SaaS/cloud-based software and discussing it with prospects
- Strong track record of exceeding company sales quotas in a complex sales environment
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop and empower team members to achieve objectives with a team approach
- Experience in territory management and planning, at the regional and account levels
- Proven expertise with teaching, coaching, and training sales methodologies
- Excellent C-level communication skills
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and organizational skills required
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Groupize embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better we are. Groupize is an equal opportunity employer.