Revised February 2018
What kind of information does Groupize collect from me and what does Groupize do with it?
- Groupize collects information you enter to communicate with us, such as a valid mailing address, email address (“Contact Information”). We may use Contact Information to communicate with you in response to your request for information and with you about the Site. For example, we may, with your permission, message you to let you know about new releases, patches and other updates to the Site.
WE DO NOT SHARE CONTACT INFORMATION, WITH ANY THIRD PARTY, except for disclosures to third parties as set forth below (e.g. disclosures to third party services companies who help us host, operate, maintain and develop the Site, to an acquirer of our assets, and if compelled by law, subpoena, or other legal process or if necessary to enforce the Terms). The exceptions are:
- We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Site (e.g. hosting, maintenance, analysis, audit, marketing and development). These third parties have limited access to your Personal Information (defined below) and use it only to perform tasks on our behalf and are obligated to us not to disclose or use it for other purposes;
Please do not include any Protected Health Information, as defined in the HIPAA Rules (defined in the ) or sensitive financial information, such as any person’s social security number, passport number, bank account or credit card numbers or passwords in your communications using the Services or as part of your Contact Information. We do not require such information and disclaim all liability for the dissemination of such information.
- “Automatically Collected Information” is information about your use of the Site. Similar to other services, we record Automatically Collected Information based on your account activity and use of the Site. For example, when you use the Site, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use and the device identifier (or “UDID”). We do this to analyze trends, administer the Site, troubleshoot any user problems, and to enhance and update the Site. We may use third parties to help us analyze the Automatically Collected Information we obtain from you and to help us serve advertisements through the Site. We may also use the Automatically Collected Information for our business purposes, such as to report aggregate, non-Personal Information about the use of the Site. In addition, the Site may include relevant advertising and related links that may be based on your Site activity except where prohibited by law. We may provide third parties, such as advertisers, aggregated non-Personal Information about our viewers of the Site, as part of the process by which we attract advertisers to enable us to deliver relevant advertising to you and as set forth under the exceptions to non-disclosure to third parties above except where prohibited by law.
We may collect the following types of Automatically Collected Information, which we may share with third parties to help us operate the Site, such as advertisers, ad serving vendors, and business partners:
- Aggregated Data.We collect user information and content to compile aggregate data as you use the Site to analyze our overall user demographics and usage patterns.
- Server Logs.We collect information from our server logs. These logs may include information such as your Internet Protocol address, browser details, the date and time of your request and certain information about your usage of the Site.
- We may track whether links to external websites are followed, and whether advertisements provided to you are clicked.
- Location Tracking. We may collect the physical location of your mobile device and use it to provide you with personalized location-based services or content. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such use of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such use, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services or content.
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. The Site does not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that we collect information about your online activity both while you are using the Site and after you leave the Site.
How does Groupize protect children’s information?
Groupize will never knowingly contact or collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. If you believe we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly remove the information. You may, at any time, direct us to delete all identifiable information regarding you that you have provided or that has been collected from you. To do so, please contact our Privacy Officer at the contact information below. However, if you do any of the foregoing, you may not be able to use the Site.
Do you share my information with third parties?
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, Groupize currently does not share any personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
How long does Groupize keep my information?
We keep your information for as long as your account is active or as needed for our own obligations and applicable law. For example, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may keep certain information if it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce the Terms.
Will you transfer my information to a third party?
What if I live outside of the United States?
The Site is hosted within the United States. If you use the Site from outside the United States, you consent to the transfer of your personal data into the United States when you use the Site. Many regions, such as the European Union, have data collection protections that differ from U.S. law.
How does Groupize maintain security?
Groupize is strongly committed to protecting your information. Groupize uses several industry standard methods of securing user information and data. Examples of our security measures include, where appropriate, firewalls and secure socket layer (SSL) encryption. We also maintain protective limits on whom at Groupize and its subcontractors can access the information databases that contain your information. Because there is no such thing as perfect security and because of the data risks inherent with Internet and cellular networks, we cannot guarantee 100% security. However, in the unlikely case of a security breach on our databases, we will take prompt steps to address the problem. Also, please know that the Internet and cellular networks are not secure environments.
How do I contact Groupize?
Postal Mail Address:
100 Cummings Center, Suite 343
Beverly, Massachusetts 01915
Attn: Copyright Infringement
Attention: Privacy Officer